2 Timothy 4:6-8
"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."
That's one of the main Scriptures that was focused on at Bryan's funeral and burial today. Not only did the pastor share about Bryan's life and how he did fight the good fight to his very last breath, but he also emphasized the message that Bryan tried to pass along to everyone he met: are you ready to go at any moment?
People always say that they have time to get their lives in order, that after they've done such & such or experience this & that, then they'll work on things. We often forget that we have no guarantee that we'll live until we're 90, when in reality we could die tomorrow. And then we'll have eternity to deal with the decisions we did or did not make, and all that those entail...
Bryan's life was a testimony to his Savior. The amount of people he reached is a testimony to him. His crown of righteousness is well deserved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment